We can’t do it without your help. Volunteer to make a difference.
We have lots of ways you can get involved. If you don’t see the right fit here, just email our volunteer coordinator, Karen.MacFarquar@girlsontherun.org, or contact our office to find out how else you can get involved.
Coaches work directly with the 3rd-5th grade or 6th-8th grade girls – teaching them healthy habits and training them for the big 5K race! Each team consists of 2-3 coaches and 8-20 girls. We do ask that coaches try to commit to 2 seasons of coaching. It is beneficial to both the girls and the coaches.
- Coaches must be available after-school hours.
- Our 10 week programs meet twice a week, after-school for an hour and a half. Coaches are expected to attend every session. Fall season is mid-September through mid-November. Spring season is Mid-March through mid-May.
Coaches that are already associated with a school and listed on the site application must attend a 5-hour training.
- Coaches who are not already associated with a school must complete a coach application and attend one Coach Meet and Greet and one 5-hour training.
- All New coaches must attend one of the training sessions offered for the season.
Are you 18 years and under and want to coach? See our Junior Coach Description below.
- Junior Coaches must be available after-school hours (between 3-5pm).
- Our 10-week programs meet twice a week after-school for an hour and a half. Coaches are expected to attend every session or day they have committed to coaching. (You can chose one day a week to volunteer.) Fall season is mid-September to mid-November. Spring season is mid-March to mid- May.
If you are interested in becoming a Girls on the Run Junior Coach, please submit a Junior Coach Application. Must be at least a freshman in High School.
Apply to be a Junior Coach
Starting a team is easy! Girls on the Run teams are anywhere from 8-21 energetic, fun girls. We’re here to help you every step of the way. We’ll help you work with your school or site to get permission, find coaches for your program, and promote the program. Thank you for taking the first step to bring this life changing program to the girls in your school and community.