Here is a way to make a direct impact on a team of 16 girls at one school. Each year, we receive new site applications from schools that qualify for our scholarship program, which means the school has a free-and-reduced-lunch percentage of 60 or greater. We currently have a waiting list for our scholarship program.
Through our adopt-a-school program your contribution will financially support one of our scholarship schools.
What You Give
- $2,500 to fully support the cost of providing a high-quality after school program at one site for one season.
- $10,000 to fully support 2 schools for one year — two seasons.
- Team of 2-5 women to serve as volunteer coaches at the adopted site.** Girls on the Run is a 10- week program and meets twice a week for about one hour. (2- 3 hours/week for 10 weeks)
** We can provide the volunteer coaches to the school you adopt.
Additional Ways to Give and Engage
- Provide snack for the girls once or twice a week.
- Provide goody bags – t-shirts, shorts, shoes, water bottles.
- Participate by becoming a Runny Buddy or cheering team at the final 5K race event.
Where the Funds Go
Funds go towards supporting the girls at the adopted school and help cover the costs of program expenses, 5K race registration, coaches training and background checks, insurance and facility costs and registration.
What You Get
Your contribution will help prepare girls for a lifetime of self-respect and healthy living. We hope you will get an opportunity to interact with your team of girls and see the difference you are making in their lives. It will put a smile on your face.
We currently have a wait list for our scholarship-based programs. Please contact us for a list of schools in need of funding.