Volunteering for Girls on the Run is a wonderful way to make an impact in young girls’ lives. Our volunteers help with everything from coaching a team of girls, to organizing our 5K event, to helping put together coaches bags and much more.
We need volunteers for both of our end of season 5Ks on May 13th and May 20th. See our 5K Volunteer info below.
Here are some of our different volunteer opportunities. Click on the opportunity that interests you to learn more.
- Coaches must be available after-school hours.
- Our 10 week programs meet twice a week, after-school for an hour and a half. Coaches are expected to attend every session. Fall season is mid-September through mid-November. Spring season is Mid-March through mid-May.
- Coaches that are already associated with a school and listed on the site application must attend a 5-hour training.
- Coaches who are not already associated with a school must complete a coach application and attend one Coach Meet and Greet and one 5-hour training.
- All New coaches must attend one of the training sessions offered for the season.
- If you are interested in becoming a Girls on the Run coach, please submit a Coach Application and plan on attending one Coach Meet and Greet. Are you 18 years and under and want to coach? See our Junior Coach Description below.
- Junior Coaches must be available after-school hours (between 3-5pm).
- Our 10-week programs meet twice a week after-school for an hour and a half. Coaches are expected to attend every session or day they have committed to coaching. (You can chose one day a week to volunteer.) Fall season is mid-September to mid-November. Spring season is mid-March to mid- May.
- If you are interested in becoming a Girls on the Run Junior Coach, please submit a Junior Coach Application. Must be at least a freshman in High School.
- Interested in helping on Race Day?
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve 2 year term – with option to renew up to 3 terms (total of 6 years)
- Personal contribution of $100/year
- Active participation in monthly meetings (third Wednesday of the month) and board training sessions
- Identify, plan and execute fundraising events and initiatives
- Volunteer for special project committees
- Volunteer at fundraising and awareness events
- Recruit new volunteers and associate board members
If you are interested in applying, please email Ashley Potrzeba at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in helping but don’t see the perfect fit. Let us know. Get in touch with Karen with thoughts, ideas or ways you want to get involved.