Are you up to the challenge?
Join Girls on the Run of the Rockies for our THIRD ANNUAL 14er Challenge! Take on TWO 14ers in TWO days over one EPIC weekend, while raising money to support Girls on the Run!
The 14er Challenge
Summit Mt. Massive (14,429′) and Mt. Elbert (14,439’) in Leadville, CO, over the course of two days. Tap into your inner superpower and challenge yourself, while making a difference for our girls.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity. Climbers will have access to the Girls on the Run basecamp, located on a private ranch adjacent to both mountains. Basecamp will be fully equipped with the support and services climbers need to make this a unique experience.
When is it?
July 21st – July 23rd
Schedule of events:
- Climbers arrive at basecamp on Friday, July 21st
- Summit Mt. Massive on Saturday, July 22nd
- Summit Mt. Elbert on Sunday, July 23rd
- Depart basecamp on Sunday, July 23rd
Where is it?
Mt. Massive & Mt. Elbert in Leadville, CO
How It Works
When you register to take on this challenge, you are not just doing this for yourself, you are doing this for the next generation of girls. As a registered climber, you commit to a fundraising goal (a minimum of $2,500) to help support an entire team of girls this year. For every dollar you raise, you will be teaching girls that they are strong and capable of any challenge, JUST LIKE YOU!
Climb for YOUR Council
This year, we are excited to invite climbers to join us for the 14er Challenge while supporting their home council! Your home council will receive 40% of your total fundraising (minimum of $1,000 will go to your home council). Registration is limited, grab a friend and sign up today! If you have questions about this, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly – (720) 879-2354.
- Early Bird Registration: $249 (until March 31, 2023)
- Regular Registration: $299 (April 1, 2023 – June 1, 2023)
Registration is LIMITED!
We are truly making this a one-of-a-kind experience. Your registration fee includes:
- Girls on the Run basecamp
- Access to private camping located at the base of both 14ers
- Shuttle service to trailhead each morning
- Meals and daypack snacks
- Evening entertainment
- The cleanest port-a-potties this side of the Continental Divide
- Training plans and support
- Fundraising support and incentives
- Exclusive climber swag
Basecamp Support Add-Ons:
Packing light? Avoiding airline baggage fees? We got you covered. We will have your gear set up and waiting for you at basecamp. You can add on camping gear at additional cost:
- Single Occupancy Private Tent: $250 per person — cot, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, and lantern
- Double Occupancy Tent: $175 per person — cot, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, and lantern
Ready to move mountains?
2023 Registration is closed! We hope to see you in 2024.