- This event has passed.
Girls on the Run 5K at Colfax 5K
RACE INFORMATION | RUNNING BUDDIES
Join us at the Girls on the Run 5K at Colfax 5K. Girls on the Run has partnered with the Denver Colfax Marathon to create a fun 5K just for Girls on the Run and their family members. Lace up and get ready to be inspired the entire way to the finish line.
Date: Saturday, May 20, 2023
Location: City Park, Denver, CO 80205
Girls Meet at Team Signs: Arrive by 9:45 AM
Coaches: Be at Team Signs by 9:30 AM
Race Time: 10:30 AM
ALL GIRLS AND COACHES are already registered.
Race Day registration is available. Race Day Registration Fee: $34.00
Race participants under 8 years of age must be accompanied by a registered adult runner.
This is a rain or shine event. Please dress appropriately for the weather. For the latest updates from Girls on the Run, follow us on Instagram at instagram.com/girlsontherunrockies.
Location: City Park (View a Course Map note – you’ll need to scroll to the bottom of the page). Parking is limited, but available at East High School (1600 City Park Esplanade, Denver, CO 80206) and also on nearby neighborhood streets. Once you park, you will head to the race start area which is located between Ferril Lake and the Museum of Nature and Science. Girls on the Run teams should meet at their team sign by the Meet & Greet area which is located near the start line.
Bib Pick-Up for parents, family members and friends:
- Beat the Rush: Parents and friends can beat the rush and pick up their bibs on Friday, May 19th from 1-8 PM at the Colfax Marathon Expo @ Empower Field at Mile High from 1:00 – 8:00 PM. You can park for free in Lot B (enter at Gate 7)
- Race Day Pick Up: Bib pick up will also be available on race day starting at 8:30 AM. Bib pick up will be located directly west of the Museum of Nature and Science, along the Mile High Lp (Google Maps Link). Bibs are organized alphabetically by last name. Find the line that corresponds with your last name
- REMINDER: You CANNOT pick up a bib for your Girls on the Run participant! All Girls on the Run coaches will have bibs for their teams.
Race Results: Results will be posted here when available.
Become a Running Buddy
RUNNING BUDDY REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Bib Pick-Up: Please pick up your own race bib and then report to the Running Buddy tent on Race Day. It will be located near the registration tents. Registered running buddies may pick up individual bibs on the Friday before the race at the Cigna Denver Colfax Marathon Expo at Empower Field at Mile High from 1:00 – 8:00 PM OR pick up your bib on race day starting at 9:00 AM in City Park.
What is a running buddy? Ready. Set. Go! Lace up your sneakers, put on your gear and get ready for a 5K experience unlike any other. The excitement in the air is palpable as the girls meet their teammates, get their pictures taken, chant “Girls on the Run is so much fun” and squeeze in a final energy award before heading to the starting line. Your girl may want to hold your hand, skip, sprint or walk, and no matter what she chooses, you’ll be the support she needs along the course. And at the end, when the finish line comes into sight, you will never forget the look on her face as she crosses and realizes that, indeed, she can accomplish anything she sets her mind to do.
- Are adult women (18+) from the community that want to make a difference (NOTE: family, teachers, school staff, and others known to the team and girls do NOT need to register as running buddies, but MUST register to run the race through the general registration)
- Are encouraging and supportive during the 5K
- Are not focused on their own personal race time
- Are positive role models that encourage setting a healthy pace
- Are background checked to ensure safety of all girls