Starting a team is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Thanks for taking the first step to becoming a Girls on the Run Rockies Site! Don’t forget to check our site list to see if your location already has a program. Please contact [email protected] for additional information.
Here’s what you can do to get your school up and running:
- Identify a Site Coordinator. This could be YOU! It’s a simple, low time commitment to set up a team. This person works with the school to get permission, promotes the program to girls and families, finds coaches and registers students. Download the Site Coordinator Team Toolkit.
- Find a Safe Place to Run at Your School. A track, field, or nearby park are great options. You’ll also want to choose a safe place for rainy days, like a classroom or gym.
- Choose 2 days a week for the program. The program runs for 10 weeks and lessons are intended to take an hour each.
- Recruit Volunteer Coaches. 2-3 adults who want to have a rewarding experience making a difference in the lives of young girls. No running experience necessary! We can help with this, too!
We do everything else!
- Provide detailed lesson plans from our nationally recognized curriculum
- Provide marketing materials to promote the program at your school and to keep parents informed throughout the season
- Train coaches
- Provide all the materials to lead each lesson
- Provide on-going support throughout the entire season
- Plan an awesome end of season 5k celebration
Ready to take the next step?
Complete a New Site Application (Fall 2023)
Download an Information Packet (PDF)